There is nothing easier than these 2 ingredient whole wheat bagels made with self rising flour and Greek yogurt. These are the best to prep and store in the freezer to eat for later. You can switch up the topping flavors as well so these are completely customizable! They are high protein and high fiber.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I have not made these 2 ingredient whole wheat bagels in so long and now I am wondering why. They are super easy to make and to have on hand for the work week ahead. When it comes to meal prepping breakfasts, I tend to stick with sweet recipes and if I want something savory, I usually just whip up some eggs really fast. This week I am trying to be a little more proactive because I have been on a huge savory kick. For breakfasts, I am pairing these bagels with some pesto egg cups to make the perfect breakfast sandwiches!
How do I make 2 ingredient bagels?
Making 2 ingredient bagels requires self rising flour and Greek yogurt – that is it! Self rising flour can be made by mixing flour, baking powder and salt. Once you combine these three ingredients, you will have self rising flour and all you have to do is mix in Greek yogurt for these super simple bagels! The best part is that you can switch up the flavors as well or not add any at all. I love to add an egg wash on the top too for a golden crust. I love Everything But the Bagel seasoning, cinnamon sugar, sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
SO… what will I need to make 2 ingredient whole wheat bagels?
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Greek yogurt
- Egg (optional)
- Seasonings of choice (optional)
What are the best bagel toppings:
- Eggs – making an egg sandwich is one of my absolute favorites. Maybe even add some turkey bacon and avocado as well!
- Peanut butter or any other nut butter – if you make this bagel without the savory seasonings or with cinnamon, peanut butter is incredible
- Vegan French Onion Dip – Trader Joe’s recently released this new spread and it is INCREDIBLE! Seriously may be better than the real deal
- Avocado and greens – nothing better than the classic avocado toast! So split the bagel in half, toast and spread the creamy avocado on the bagel slices.
- Hummus and chicken – have you ever thought to use the bagels for a savory lunch? Seriously, you have to try it. Add a layer of spicy sauce and you have a winner.
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Whole wheat flour: You can use all purpose flour, gluten free all purpose flour or oat flour. I would not suggest any others but if you do successfully, please let me know.
- Greek yogurt: any plain Greek yogurt (no fat, low fat or full fat) will work. If you want to make this dairy free, make sure it is plain and it is thick like Greek yogurt is. I like Kite Hill Greek yogurt.
- Egg wash: This is completely optional but you can also use plain egg whites
Need more breakfast ideas? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
2 Ingredient Whole Wheat Bagels
- 2 cups whole wheat flour see note
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg for egg wash
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt to create the self rising flour
- Add the Greek yogurt into the bowl and mix until you get a dough. You may need to use your hands to combine towards the end
- Lightly flour a surface and add the bagel dough to the floured surface.
- Split the dough into six even pieces. Take one dough section and roll it into a ball. Place your thumb in the middle and pierce a hole to create the bagel shape. Repeat this for each of the six dough pieces and place each one on a lined baking tray
- Optional: beat one egg into a small bowl and use a brush to brush the egg wash on the top of the bagels and then sprinkle everything but the bagel seasoning on top. You can switch out the seasoning toppings.