This healthier buffalo chicken dip is a take on the classic but still packs all the fiery heat. You will want to add this to the next football watching get together! Because who is going to deny buffalo chicken dip, right? This recipe is gluten free and can be made dairy free and paleo with substitutions listed below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Every party needs buffalo chicken dip, no doubt about it. It is a classic dip that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. However, the classic dip usually has my stomach feeling a little off after enjoying a few chips and dip. That is why I decided to make this healthier buffalo chicken dip that is still full of flavor, ooey, gooey and delicious! And by using a couple of my simple hacks below, you’ll be sure to make this extremely easy dip to enjoy!
SO… what will you need to make this buffalo chicken dip?
- Shredded chicken: you could definitely boil or roast your own chicken to shred BUT, I like to take the easy way and use a store rotisserie chicken with the skin removed. Works like a charm
- Buffalo sauce: if you follow me on instagram, chances are you have seen my favorite buffalo sauce from The New Primal
- Plain yogurt: I have made this with both greek and dairy free (not coconut based) and they both work excellent! The important part here is that it is plain, not vanilla… blueberry… chocolate
- Shredded cheddar: if sticking to dairy free, use a dairy free brand
- Spices! Garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Chips and veggies to serve…an absolute must. I love celery, carrots, bell pepper, cucumbers, Siete Grain Free chips, corn chips and potato chips!
You might also like…
Save this for later:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Ready to start hosting?! Let’s go!
Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Oven Safe Dish
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce use dairy free or paleo if needed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt use dairy free or paleo if needed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar use dairy free or paleo if needed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together all ingredients except chicken until well combined
- Fold in shredded chicken until evenly coated
- Pour into an oiled oven safe dish (or multiple dishes)
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes
- Serve with fresh veggies, chips and crackers!