These gluten free fudge brownies have a secret ingredient that makes them have that fudge-like consistency that is unbeatable. Can you take a guess what it is?
This post may contain affiliate links.
Avocado! But before I turn you away, you do not taste the avocado in the brownie, trust me. The avocado creates a super creamy consistency while also providing a source of healthy fats. These brownies are best served cold for the best texture.
SO… what ingredients will you need?
- Avocado… duh right? Don’t worry about the avocado being slightly overripe here. Any ripe or over-ripe avocado will work. I would stay away from underripe, as it may not mash or blend well
- Cacao powder: this is can be substituted with cocoa powder as well, both will work.
- Eggs: I have not tried this recipe with flax or chia eggs, but I have tested with egg whites (1 egg: 2 egg whites ratio)
- Almond butter: any nut or seed butter will work, but some may provide a slightly different taste. I use almond butter as it has a very neutral taste when added to baked goods
- Coconut sugar: If you do not have coconut sugar, you could use a mix of white and brown sugar, as the texture of coconut sugar tends to be a mix of both. If you try either as a replacement, let me know in the comments how it worked!
- Baking soda, vanilla and chocolate chips or any other mix-ins! I’ve used walnuts before, which is such a fabulous combination. If you are keeping with dairy free, make sure to choose a dairy free chocolate
- Oh and sprinkles… did I mention not optional?
Need something else to bake? Check these recipes out:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Ready? Let’s bake these secret ingredient gluten free fudge brownies!
Secret Ingredient Gluten Free Fudge Brownies
- 8×8 Pan
- 1 avocado ripe or overripe
- 1/2 cup cacao powder sub cocoa powder
- 2 eggs sub 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp almond butter sub any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or any add-ins like walnuts) use dairy free to keep dairy free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add all ingredients into a blender except chocolate chips (or add-in of choice)
- Fold in chocolate chips or add-ins of choice
- Add mixture into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper or oil
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 min
- Let cool completely and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour
- Keep stored in fridge for that fudge-like consistency