These vegan cinnamon blueberry donuts will have your kitchen smelling like a yankee candle. And nothings says good morning on the weekend like having your kitchen smell like a bakery, right?
This post may contain affiliate links.
I have to say, when first attempting to create a vegan donut, I was skeptical. But after a little mixing and matching, we discovered a winner. These have the texture of that classic baked donut, some bursts of blueberries and a kick of cinnamon.
The worst part about these?
They don’t even last a day in my house… seriously.
They are the epitome of “grab ’em while they’re hot!” because otherwise, you’re not gonna get one!
Notes on the glaze:
It’s as simple as plant based yogurt mixed with almond milk and coconut sugar.
Easy, peasy, *no lemon* squeezy.
However, I do recommend adding the glaze after the donuts have cooled for at least 10 minutes. Additionally, the glaze starts to soak into the donut the longer it sits so I would also recommend not adding the glaze the day before they are being served. Best results for a white opaque glaze would be right before serving!
So, you’re probably wondering, what’s in these vegan donuts?
- all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 will work. I use this one and I have not tested the recipe with any other flours yet. If you do, please let me know if it works for you!
- coconut oil
- almond milk but any milk of choice will work
- coconut sugar
- vanilla, cinnamon & baking powder
- and of course blueberries! no blueberries? how about chocolate chips or walnuts?
Need something else to bake? Try these:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Ready to make some vegan cinnamon blueberry donuts?!
Vegan Cinnamon Blueberry Donuts
- Donut Pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour sub 1:1 gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp dairy free plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Whisk together all ingredients except flour and blueberries
- In a separate bowl, lightly coat the blueberries in some of the flour to prevent them from sinking
- Add the flour into the wet ingredient mixture and gently mix
- Fold in blueberries. The batter should be thick
- Using a spatula, put the batter in a piping bag or a ziploc bag and use a pair of scissors to cut one corner open
- Pipe the batter in the donut pan, or gently pipe into a donut shape on a baking tray
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely before adding glaze.
- While the donuts bake and cool, whisk together the glaze ingredients and then pour oven donuts. The color will become more transparent as it sits
- You can substitute the almond milk for any milk
- I have only tested this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour and all-purpose. If you try with anything else, please let me know!
- I used dairy free yogurt to keep this vegan, but you can use any yogurt. If using a thicker yogurt like greek yogurt, you may need more almond milk to thin out the glaze
- Don’t have blueberries? Try another fruit, chocolate chips, seeds or nuts!