It is football season and i’ve got another recipe coming at your way – air fried buffalo chicken nuggets. Because everyone likes buffalo chicken and if you say no… you’re lying. Just kidding! (Only slightly)
This post may contain affiliate links.
Growing up, whenever there was a party, you know buffalo chicken was going to make an appearance, whether it was in the form of a dip, wings or nuggets. If it wasn’t you that volunteered to bring it, you know someone else was. And that did not stop when I got to college either. I swear buffalo chicken was even more prominent than you would think. And thinking back on it, college is probably where my love for #buffchick was even more elevated.
Now that I know you all love buffalo chicken as much as I do, let’s get into the recipe. Ever since purchasing an air fryer, I have been obsessed with making all my recipes in it. While I have made a baked version that is just as tasty, these air fried buffalo chicken nuggets get that crispy outside like no other.
SO… what will you need to make these crispy bites?
- Chicken breasts: you can use breasts or tenders if you want – both will work since you are cutting into cubes
- Buffalo sauce: I use this buffalo sauce from The New Primal. It is my FAVORITE. No questions about it and I always have at least one unopened bottle in my pantry
- Eggs to bind the chicken and the breading
- Almond flour: if you are not making these gluten free, you can use all purpose flour. However, I do love the almond flour because it provides a little extra moisture
- Rice crumbs: if you are not making these gluten free, you can use panko crumbs or plain bread crumbs in place but I have been a long time fan of Trader Joe’s rice crumbs as a replacement
- Spice: garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper and salt
You may also love these recipes…
Save for later:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Are you ready to be the hostess with the most-est? Let’s go!
Air Fried Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
- 2 eggs
- splash of water
- 1/2 cup rice crumbs sub panko crumbs
- 3/4 cup almond flour sub all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- Cut chicken breasts into 1″ cubes and pat dry with a paper towel
- Whisk together eggs and splash of water into a shallow dish or bowl
- In a separate dish or bowl, mix together rice crumbs, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper
- Take a piece of chicken, dip into the first bowl with eggs, then the dry ingredient bowl, making sure to completely coat the chicken
- Repeat this process for each piece of chicken
- Spray air fryer with oil spray and place an even layer of chicken bites in. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you will need to do in batches
- Air fry at 400 for 13-14 minutes, shaking halfway to ensure they bites are not sticking
- Once coated, place bites into a bowl and pour in buffalo sauce. Using a spatula, serving spoon or your hand, mix the bites and buffalo sauce until each piece is well coated
- Serve! I used my homemade greek yogurt ranch dip and paired with celery
- I used The New Primal Mild Buffalo Sauce for this recipe
- Nutrition facts include full measurements, however not all of the egg, rice crumbs or almond flour may be used.