This corn salsa pizza is a combination is summer combination of your dreams. Think summer pool party salsa and dip… met with Friday night pizza. It’s a fresh, light take on your classic white pizza. Do I have you hooked yet?
This post may contain affiliate links.
Another post featuring a frozen staple: corn! During the summer when corn is at its peak freshness, we freeze bags full of corn from the cob to have on hand for the future. It’s a good staple to have in the freezer because it is an easy ingredient to add into any meal.
One of my favorite summer appetizers is chips and salsa. There’s something so refreshing about the salty chips mixed with fresh, cool vegetables. This corn salsa is a fun take on the classic, made with all ingredients I had on hand.
As for the corn salsa pizza, it is even easier. A simple cauliflower crust with an olive oil, garlic and mozzarella base works as a simple vehicle that does not overwhelm the pizza toppings. Additionally, the cauliflower crust is thin, making the dish more crispy like flatbread. The two additional vegetables, zucchini and roma tomato, work to compliment the corn salsa that is added at the end of the pizza cooking process.
SO… what ingredients do you need for the salsa?
- Frozen corn: you can easily replace this with fresh corn as well
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Chili Powder
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
Check out these other summer favorites:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
That’s it! Are you ready for your next Friday night pizza date?
Corn Salsa Pizza
- 3 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pre-made cauliflower crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella see note
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup roma tomato chopped
- First heat a skillet on high with olive oil and add corn. Toss consistently for only 3-4 minutes, or once the corn was a slight char
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the corn salsa ingredients and set aside
- For the pizza, cook according to the cauliflower crust instructions and top with the olive oil, minced garlic, mozzarella, zucchini and tomato
- With 5 minutes left on the pizza, take the pizza out of the oven, add about 1/4 cup of corn salsa evenly on the top of the pizza and place back into the oven until done
- To make this pizza dairy free, choose a dairy free cheese
- To make this pizza vegan, choose a vegan crust and cheese