Coconut chickpea cauliflower curry for a delicious dinner with a spicy kick. This recipe gives off major cozy vibes and warms your soul. Made with simple ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight dinner. It is vegan, gluten free and sugar free.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I wish I was kidding when I say this recipe is more requested in the winter than any other recipe. It is hands down the coziest and most comforting stew for those cold winter days. The curry is filled with lots of warming spices, a slight kick and lots of sneaky vegetables. And a bonus is that the ingredients are all extremely budget friendly and require the most minimal prep.
SO… what will you need to make this coconut chickpea cauliflower curry?
- Coconut Oil
- White Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Red Curry Paste
- Garam Masala
- Diced Tomatoes
- Coconut Milk
What to pair with the the curry?
More than not, I am pairing this coconut chickpea cauliflower curry with brown, white or jasmine rice. rice tends to soak up the juices so well and almost melts into the curry as you mix it together. I also love to mix in some sauteed kale, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime. You can definitely enjoy this recipe on its own or with a grain free base of choice!
Steam the cauliflower: to make this recipe quick and easy, chop up your cauliflower into florets, add to a microwave safe bowl with a small amount of water and cover with a paper towel. Microwave for 10 minutes and then add to the curry. Simple!
Want to make this Whole 30? Remove the chickpeas and add your favorite protein source, such as shredded chicken, beef or shrimp.
Want to make this higher protein? Add in tofu, chicken, beef or shrimp in addition to the chickpeas!
How do I reheat this?
To reheat this recipe, you can either use the stovetop or the microwave. If using the stovetop, simply add to a saucepan on low heat and cover for 5-6 minutes for a single serving. If using the microwave, add a serving to a microwave safe bowl and reheat for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. For both reheating options, stir occasionally so that there is even heating throughout the whole bowl.
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Chickpeas: you can replace with your favorite protein of source or add in additional protein
- Coconut oil: olive, canola or avocado oil will work just as well
- Red curry paste: if you want to reduce the heat, you can reduce the amount in the recipe or remove all together. Highly recommend however!
Need more vegan dinner ideas? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Coconut Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
- Saute Pan
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can of coconut milk
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- white, brown or jasmine rice
- chopped cilantro
- fresh lime
- In a saute pan, add the coconut oil and chopped onions. Cook on medium/high heat for 2-3 minutes or until onions become fragrant.
- While onions are sauteing, chop the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and add them to a microwave safe dish. Add a small amount of water to the bottom of the dish and cover the bowl with a paper towel. Steam the cauliflower in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Once the onions are soft, add in the garlic, grated ginger, red curry paste, garam masala, turmeric and cayenne. Stir together well
- Add in the coconut milk, chickpeas, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a little boil.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and spinach in, stir and reduce heat to low/medium and cover. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or base of choice with fresh chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime