This light yet creamy lemon parsley pasta is made with gluten free hearts of palm linguine, plain yogurt and freshly chopped herbs. It is the perfect dish for the spring days ahead of us amidst all the current snow. Gluten free, vegetarian and easily made vegan!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Well it seems as if the whole United States has been experiencing quite the winter! While we’re knee deep in snow over here in Philadelphia and move to come, I cannot help but crave a little sunshine. This creamy lemon parsley pasta dish is what I like to call sunshine in a bowl – it is so simple, light and delightful. I use Greek yogurt for an extra boost of protein and probiotics but you can easily use a plain dairy free yogurt!
In this recipe I used hearts of palm pasta from the brand Palmini. While I do not follow any strict low carb or gluten free dishes, I love these noodles for a lighter dish! They hold up so well and there is no need to cook them – all you have to do is drain, rinse and heat. I also love how they are made from a plant (palm tree), providing some good nutrients such as potassium, iron, calcium and phosphorus. Did you know that?
SO… what will you need to make this creamy lemon parsley pasta?
- Pasta of choice
- Plain yogurt
- Olive oil
- Green peas
How can I add more protein to this dish?
Between the Greek yogurt, green peas and chickpeas, you would be surprised how much protein this dish can pack! However, leaving any of these out can lower the amount of protein. If you’re looking to add a little extra try adding some sliced grilled chicken, white fish or salmon. Those three would be fabulous additions to this dish!
How do I reheat this?
To reheat this recipe, you can either use the stovetop or the microwave. If using the stovetop, simply add to a saucepan on low heat and cover for 5-6 minutes for a single serving. If using the microwave, add a serving to a microwave safe bowl and reheat for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. For both reheating options, stir occasionally so that there is even heating throughout the whole bowl.
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Chickpeas: you can replace with your favorite protein of source or add in additional protein
- Greek yogurt: you can easily use your favorite dairy free plain yogurt
- Pasta: feel free to use any kind of pasta.
- Arugula: swap for chopped spinach or kale
Need more vegan dinner ideas? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Creamy Lemon Parsley Pasta
- Saute Pan
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt greek or dairy free
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2-4 tbsp of water depending on the consistency of your yogurt
- 1 package of palmini linguine or 4 oz of dry pasta
- 1 cup green peas
- 16 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup arugula
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl or cup mix together yogurt, lemon, olive oil, chopped parsley and water. Mix well and set aside
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and add to the saute pan for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- If using palmini, drain and rinse the linguine then add to a saute pan over medium heat with a little oil. If using regular pasta, boil your pasta according to package instructions
- Add the green peas to the saute pan and cook for 2 minutes. Then, stir in the lemon parsley sauce and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add the fresh arugula and mix. Serve with a lemon wedge on the side, fresh cracked black pepper and a dash of sea salt!