This delicious seasonally inspired autumn chopped salad with homemade dressing is the perfect meal or side dish. It requires minimal prep work and can be made in a large batch to take on the go for several meals. It is gluten free, vegan and added sugar free.
Every once and awhile I get a craving for a refreshing salad in the midst of all the warm fall dishes. While I do love a good bowl of soup or steaming hot chili, there is something so refreshing about a autumn chopped salad with homemade dressing. I love to enjoy this is a meal prepped lunch or prepared as a side dish to dinner. Even better, the homemade dressing is one that can be easily made with five ingredients. Check it out below for the recipe.
This easy five ingredient sriracha apple cider tahini dressing pairs wonderfully with this autumn chopped salad. For the homemade dressing you will need:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Find the recipe here: Sriracha Apple Cider Tahini Dressing
SO… what will you need for this autumn chopped salad with homemade dressing?
- Chickpeas: rinsed and drained
- Greens: I use a mix of shaved brussel sprouts, romaine lettuce, spinach and arugula
- Apple: sliced or chopped – if you are making this recipe in the fall, take advantage of any fresh apples from a local orchard, farm stand or farmer’s market!
- Dried cranberries (also known as craisins): these add a great sweet profile to the dish. Look for unsweetened or naturally fruit sweetened dried cranberries if sticking to no added sugar or sugar free. I found a great one at Trader Joe’s.
- Pecans: if you are short on time, you can leave these raw but if you have a little time, I highly recommend roasting these!
- Sriracha Apple Cider Tahini Dressing: recipe found here
Need another fall inspired recipe? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Ready to make this delicious autumn chopped salad?!
Autumn Chopped Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans halves
- 1 apple chopped
- Start by rinsing your greens, brussels sprouts and apple. Chop the apple and add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas. Dry with a paper towel or dish towel and add to the salad bowl
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix together and add dressing when ready to eat!
- Homemade dressing can be found here: Sriracha Apple Cider Tahini Dressing
- Nutrition facts do not include salad dressing and use unsweetened dried cranberries