This week’s taco tuesday meets buffalo ranch chicken tacos. They are hot, creamy and delicious. Made with paleo and dairy free ingredients, this recipe could not be better for an easy weeknight meal. Be sure to read through for a few substitution ideas!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Taco tuesday is no new tradition over here! While classic Mexican spices are always the best, anything buffalo is up my alley. Buffalo chicken dip is also a classic so mix together the best dip with tacos and you have the best pairing! Per usual, I love to make things a little healthier so I used dairy free yogurt in place of sour cream or heavy cream. Since leaving home, I wanted to keep up the tradition of taco tuesday and I have to say, I am starting it off right if you ask me!
Shredded buffalo ranch chicken tacos also perfect for meal prep. I love to make a batch on the weekend and add to lunch tacos, salads, stuffed potatoes or use as a dip.
- Buffalo ranch chicken salad: pair with shredded lettuce, tomato, carrots, celery and avocado and dairy free yogurt dressing
- Buffalo ranch chicken stuffed potatoes: baked sweet potatoes in the microwave for 7-9 minutes (make sure to poke holes in it!), butterfly open and add the shredded chicken in.
- Easy buffalo ranch chicken dip: Add a little extra yogurt, mix and enjoy with corn dips.
SO… what will you need to make these buffalo ranch chicken tacos?
- Chicken breasts
- Buffalo sauce
- Dairy free plain yogurt
- Ranch spices
Can I use a ranch seasoning packet?
In this recipe, I use a homemade blend of seasoning to get that ranch effect without the dairy (most have buttermilk powder) and less sodium. However, you can certainly use 1/2 a packet of your favorite ranch seasoning blend!
How long does this last?
You can store this in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months. Be sure to use a freezer safe container if storing in the freezer.
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Chicken: you could use turkey breasts as well
- Buffalo sauce: my favorite buffalo sauces are The New Primal and Primal Kitchen
- Dairy free yogurt: I used plain yogurt but you can use any regular plain yogurt, Greek plain yogurt or sour cream. I would not recommend using any flavored yogurt and try to select one without added sugar!
- Tortillas: you could use cassava or almond flour tortillas to keep this Paleo, or substitute with regular flour or corn tortillas.
- Cheese: I didn’t add any cheese to this recipe but feel free to! Shredded cheddar would work great here.
- Ranch spices: if you do not have the spices listed in the recipe and do not want to buy one, feel free to use a premade ranch seasoning packet.
Need more buffalo chicken ideas? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dairy free plain yogurt substitute regular plain yogurt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 cup fresh chives chopped
For the Tacos
- diced celery
- shredded carrots
- shredded lettuce/greens
- Add the chicken breasts to a crockpot
- In a mixing cup, combine buffalo sauce, water, dairy free yogurt, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder and dill weed. Then add to the crockpot on top of the chicken breasts
- Add chopped fresh chives in the crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Make sure that the chicken breasts are covered by the sauce.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken and mix around with rest of the sauce to ensure all the chicken is coated.
- Serve into tortillas with shredded lettuce, shredded carrots, diced celery and optional cheese!
- Instead of the garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, dill weed and chopped chives, you can use 1/2 a ranch seasoning packet.
- You can use regular or dairy free plain yogurt
- You can make this even faster by shredding rotisserie chicken and tossing with the rest of the ingredients