This Asian Chicken Cashew Quinoa Salad is full of refreshing fruits and vegetables with a dressing that is out of this world. It is super easy to put together and makes for a delicious lunch or dinner. The recipe is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I am not the biggest meal prepper and typically prep certain foods to have on hand to build different bowls throughout the week. However, I knew that this week in particular was going to be busier than usual so I helped out my future self by meal prepping this delicious Asian Chicken Cashew Quinoa Salad! It was perfect to simply heat up and eat in the glass container I prepped them in. You can definitely eat this cold but I have always heated up my salads and I am still unsure whether someone would consider that weird…
SO… what will you need to make this Asian Chicken Cashew Quinoa Salad?
- Asian Chopped Salad Mix (I used Wegman’s but any work!) without additional dressing or toppings
- Cooked Quinoa
- Cooked Chicken Breast
- Green Onion
- Raw Cashews
- Sesame Seeds
- Coconut Aminos
- Rice Vinegar
The Best Shortcuts:
Look… I know that everyone loves quick and efficient recipes. I am a HUGE fan of that and that is why I am a big advocate for shortcuts over nothing at all. Here are three shortcuts:
- Pre-made salad mix: you can easily cut up a mix of green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots and lettuce but this works just as well. Plus, no excess so no possibility of that massive head of cabbage going bad.
- Pre-cooked quinoa: I typically cook my own quinoa but those Minute Quinoa Cups are seriously the best for when you have limited time! The are already cooked so no hassle here.
- Rotisserie chicken: no time to cook the chicken? Pick up a rotisserie chicken and peel off the skin for perfectly cooked (hopefully) chicken breasts. Shred them up and you are good to go!
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Chicken: You can easily substitute with any protein source or leave it out completely
- Quinoa: I recommend quinoa but you could use another grain or leave it out completely
- Cashews: You could replace with peanuts or almonds
- Tahini: You could replace with peanut butter or cashew butter
- Coconut Aminos: Soy sauce or tamari would work just as well
Is this good for meal prep?
Absolutely! Separate into glass containers and store for up to one week.
Need more lunch ideas? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Asian Chicken Cashew Quinoa Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 package asian chopped salad mix without the dressings or add-ins
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked
- 1/4 cup green onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 clementines
- 1.5 tbsp tahini substitute with peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos substitute with soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- sriracha to taste
- Start by shredding your cooked chicken with two forks or a hand mixer
- In a large mixing bowl, add the asian slaw mix (without dressing or topping packets), shredded chicken, quinoa, raw cashews, green onion, sesame seeds and clementines
- In a small bowl make the dressing by whisking together the tahini, coconut aminos, ground ginger, garlic powder and rice vinegar
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until combined
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve with sriracha on top
- To eat warm, add salad into a saute pan and and cook on low/medium tossing occasionally until heated through.