Pumpkin spice and everything nice with this refreshing Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie! It is jam packed with all the flavor for the most perfect breakfast, lunch, snack or post workout drink in the fall.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I’m going to have to start off with a confession here… I’m not a big fan of the Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Spice Latte. I know I know… crazy right? However, I do love a couple local coffee shops’ versions and I especially love this smoothie version! I tend to always crave a refreshing drink after I work out in the morning, no matter what time of the year. So naturally, this fall inspired smoothie had to be created. I’m telling you, you need this vegan pumpkin spice latte smoothie in your life. And with a couple tricks below, you’ll be sure to be obsessed!
Freeze your ingredients into cubes ahead of time! For this smoothie, I froze both leftover coffee and pumpkin puree in an ice cube tray in order to have that frozen consistency for the smoothie. The pumpkin puree makes the smoothie incredibly creamy and freezes even better.
SO… what will you need?
- Pumpkin Puree: preferably frozen into cubes or from the fridge
- Frozen Banana: you can also freeze this ahead of time in pieces or whole. If you do not have any frozen, use a cold banana and less milk
- Coffee: In this case you can use any cold coffee, whether it is frozen into cubes, cold brew, cold espresso or even decaf. If you prefer not to have coffee, simply replace with a few ice cubes!
- Protein Powder: ideally you will want an unflavored or vanilla protein powder here. You can replace with collagen as well or leave out completely, however the protein content of the smoothie will be less. For this recipe, I used the protein powder linked!
- Almond Butter: can substitute with any nut or seed butter, but some may lead to a slightly different taste. I like to use almond butter because it has a more neutral profile
- Pumpkin Spice: I tend to use a pre-made spice blend but feel free to create your own
- Milk: I use almond milk for a dairy free version, but use whichever you have on hand. If you are using less frozen ingredients, such as the pumpkin puree, banana or coffee, start with 1/2 of a cup of milk and add from there.
Need another breakfast idea? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Ready to blend? Let’s go!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
- Ice Cube Tray
- Smoothie Jar/Cup
- 3 cubes pumpkin puree 1 cube = 1 tbsp
- 1/4 cup frozen banana
- 4 cubes coffee 1 cube = 1 tbsp
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder optional
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp almond butter sub any nut or seed butter
- 1 cup almond milk sub milk of choice
- 1 splash water more or less depending on the consistency you want
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and no chunks are left
- Pour into a mug or cup. Top with granola and enjoy!
- Nutrition facts are based off of Nuzest Vanilla Clean Lean Vegan Protein