These chicken parm stuffed meatballs are super easy and delicious. They are perfect for any dinner at home that feels fancy but is so extra comforting. Made with only 6 simple ingredients and are gluten free!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I know I have definitely talked about this before but my Italian ancestors are probably so disappointed in my lack of love of most cheeses. However, they most definitely would be proud that I am a big fan of mozzarella. So I’m taking on the classic chicken parm with these incredible chicken parm stuffed meatballs. I mean c’mon.. how DELICIOUS do these look? They are super easy and fun to make.
I do not know about you but chicken parm is one of my favorite Italian dishes! There is something so delicious about gooey mozzarella mixed with hot tomato sauce… okay maybe I love pizza just as much too! But anyways, chicken parm is a superior dish and my love for meatballs runs deep so why not combine them. Right?
SO… what will you need to make these chicken parm stuffed meatballs?
- Ground Chicken
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- An Egg
- Rice Crumbs
- Tomato Sauce
Homemade Italian Seasoning Blend:
If you haven’t seen me post about these spice jars on Instagram yet, go check them out: HERE!
To make things easier, I make a big batch of homemade italian seasoning to simply add whenever I need it. I do this because it is so easy to make and makes cooking 10x easier when you cook Italian dishes as much as I do!
Here’s the breakdown:
- 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 1.5 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 1.5 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Chicken: You can easily substitute with ground turkey or beef. If using ground turkey, I would not recommend 99% lean
- Rice Crumbs: Panko or breadcrumbs would work just as well
- Mozzarella: Use dairy free mozzarella to make dairy free!
How do I store these?
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week. If you aren’t eating them immediately, you can store them in freezer in freezer safe container for up to 6 months.
Need more chicken recipes? Check these out!
- Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Asian Chicken Cashew Quinoa Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken Thighs, Broccoli and Rice
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Chicken Parm Stuffed Meatballs
- Sheet Pan
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning blend see notes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c rice crumbs see notes
- 16 mini pearl mozzarella balls or 1/4-1/2 inch piece of mozzarella
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- shredded mozzarella for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground chicken egg, rice crumbs, and italian seasoning blend. Mix together until well combined
- Split into 16 balls and place on a lined or oiled baking sheet
- Take one meatball and make a disc shape. Place 1 pearl sized mozzarella ball (or 1/4-1/2 inch sized piece) in the middle and fold the meat mixture around the mozzarella. Fold completely and shape into a round ball.
- Repeat this step for each meatball
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Remove and add tomato sauce to the top of the meatballs with additional mozzarella if wanted
- Place back into the oven for 5 more minutes
- Let cool and serve!
- you can make your own italian seasoning blend or buy a pre-made one. To make your own, add together 2 tablespoons of dried basil, 2 tablespoons of dried oregano, 1.5 tablespoon of dried thyme, 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, and 1.5 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- I used Trader Joe’s rice crumbs as a great alternative to make these gluten free. You can use panko or breadcrumbs as well!