These easy vegan breakfast cookies are made with only 5 ingredients, no added sugar and are gluten free as well. Even better, they are extremely customizable to make a variety of flavor combinations! The perfect side to breakfast, snack or even dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links.
These easy vegan breakfast cookies first made their appearance on Instagram and Instagram reels (a very new concept and thing to learn!). They are super easy to make and so delicious. I love to eat them on their own for a snack, a slightly sweet dessert or to even add to yogurt bowls for breakfast. I use Nuzest vegan protein powder in almost every recipe and it is seriously my favorite without a doubt. No chunky texture or chalky aftertaste. In this recipe I use the vanilla but the chocolate or strawberry would probably be just as good!
SO… what will you need to make these easy vegan breakfast cookies?
- Nut/Seed Butter
- Protein Powder
- Mix-ins of Choice
Try these combinations for the nut/seed butter, protein powder and mix-ins
- Peanut butter, vanilla protein and chocolate chips
- Almond butter, vanilla protein and raisins
- Cashew butter, strawberry protein and pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seed butter, chocolate protein and chocolate chips
- Peanut butter, chocolate protein and chia seeds
- Cashew butter, vanilla protein and chopped macadamia nuts
- Almond butter, chocolate protein and coconut flakes
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes – you can freeze these in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 6 months. TIP: keep them separated with wax or parchment paper to prevent them from freezing together.
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Banana: You could use 3/4 cup applesauce
- Protein powder: If you don’t want to protein powder, substitute 1:1 with all purpose flour or oat flour
- Mix-ins: You can absolutely leave out the mix-ins or use any of the suggestions above
Need more breakfast recipes? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Easy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Sheet Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup mashed banana about 2-3 bananas
- 1/2 cup nut/seed butter
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder see notes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mix-ins of choice see notes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, mix the mashed banana and nut/seed butter until well combined
- Add in the vanilla protein powder and mix well again
- Fold in oats and mix-in of choice
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, roll into 1 inch balls and place on a lined or oiled sheet pan. Slightly flatten the cookies into discs
- Bake for 15-17 minutes and let cool on the pan for at least 10 more minutes.
- You can use any flavor protein powder you want but if using plain, add a splash of vanilla extract.
- You can substitute the protein powder 1:1 with all purpose flour or oat flour
- Nutritional value will depend on the mix-ins, protein powder or choice and kind of nut/seed butter