The less you need to clean up the better so this healthy blender chocolate chip banana bread is the way to go. Since banana bread took over the quarantine bucket list, I had to perfect my own banana bread recipe and let me tell you the loaf did not last a day in this household. Even better, this recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Am I the only person that never actually has bananas leftover from the week? During the summer, I swear everyone in my house were either eating the bananas before the end or were making smoothies so the frozen banana stash needed to be refilled with any banana that managed to make it through the week. Anyone else? I mean nothing beats a banana with peanut butter as a snack so I guess I cannot blame everyone for taking them, right?
But also I’m not going to lie, when banana bread first started to become the #1 thing to bake in the Spring of quarantine 2020, I was hesitant to post my own. I mean, the amount of recipes out there was overwhelming to say the least. But alas, I succumbed because I have been making the recipe for a awhile and I felt that it had to be shared. And truly who doesn’t like a good banana bread?
So… what’s in this blender chocolate chip banana bread recipe?
- Bananas! But specifically… we need ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are much sweeter and are easier to mash as the fiber as been broken down a bit. No ripe bananas? Ripen in the oven! Keep them in the peel and bake at 300 until the peel turns black
- Eggs: I have successfully used egg whites as a replacement (1 egg = 2 egg whites) but have not tried with flax or chia eggs
- Nut butter: you can use any nut or seed butter here. I used Abby’s Better date pecan butter in this and it was FAB-U-LOUS! You can use the code naturallybeingnat for 20% off
- Maple syrup: any liquid sweetener will work. You can increase or decrease the amount but I do not recommend leaving out completely, as it helps with the moisture level of the bread
- Oats: You can use whole oats or oat flour. Since we are blending the mixture, the oats will break down. If you use oat flour, I recommend a scant 2/3 cup of oat flour to replace the 1 cup of oats
- The basics: cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and salt!
- Oh and chocolate chips – duh! If you are keeping dairy free or refined sugar free, make sure the one you use is compliant. I love HuKitchen and Enjoy Life!
Need another baked good to make? Try these!
Click the image below to pin this recipe!
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Healthy Blender Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Loaf Tin
- 1 cup mashed bananas heaping
- 2 eggs sub 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond butter sub any nut/seed butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put all ingredients except chocolate chips in the blend and blend until smooth
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or oil. Pour batter into loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
- Let cool completely before cutting through
- use dairy free nut/seed butters and chocolate chips if applicable