This one pan spinach and artichoke tomato pasta is an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy. It includes only a few ingredients, one pan and water to cook. Vegan, dairy free and gluten free option available as well!
This post may contain affiliate links.
The concept of cooking pasta and all the accompanying ingredients in one pan was very intriguing when I first heard of it, as I grew up always adding pasta to the boiling water. But this intrigued me mainly because if you ever saw me in the kitchen, I am the queen of using as minimal ingredients and kitchen tools as possible. Less is always more in my opinion and in this case, I am definitely talking about my sanity when it comes to the clean up.
Another reason I LOVE the concept of one pan spinach artichoke pasta is water conservation. By pouring in just the right amount of water to cook the dish, you conserve much more compared to filling up a huge pot just to boil and strain the water. Sometimes it is the littlest things that we can do to help the environment.
This specific recipe is a slight spin off of my favorite dip: spinach artichoke. The flavor combination and creamy texture gets me every time. It is absolutely delicious and I can to incorporate it in a pasta dish. However, this has an EXTRA spin. It has spice – Trader Joe’s Hot Bamba Sauce to be specific. This is an added bonus and it is incredible if you love spice like I do.
SO… what will you need to make this one pan spinach artichoke pasta?
- Pasta: any shape or size will work. I typically use Barilla pasta for a traditional route. If you are trying to make this recipe with gluten free pasta, I would add about 1 cup more of water, as gluten free pastas tend to expand more
- Fresh vegetables: this recipe calls white onions, garlic, spinach and tomatoes as the fresh ingredients. They pair beautifully together and cook well in this dish
- Jarred artichokes: I have grown up using marinated artichokes in a jar and a great flavor. Bonus: I used a tbsp of the marinade from the jar instead of pure olive oil for the additional flavor
- Water: Add in your boiling water and you are good to go!
- Greek yogurt and Hot Bamba Sauce: In this dish, I used greek yogurt for that creamy consistency, but if you are keeping this dairy free, use any neutral, plain dairy free yogurt. As for the hot bomba sauce, this is optional but it provides a great kick of spice!
- Optional additional protein source: I added baked chicken to this recipe but you could also add in any meat, bean or protein to this!
Need other weekday meal ideas?
Pin the recipe here!
Shop my favorites: HERE!
One Pan Spinach Artichoke and Tomato Pasta
- 1 16 oz box pasta see note for gluten free substitution
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 10-12 oz jar marinated artichokes removed from marinade and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt greek or dairy free
- 1 tbsp Trader Joes hot bamba sauce
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Add pasta, onions, garlic, spinach, tomato, artichokes, dried basil and water into a pan on high and bring to a boil
- If using long noodles, like linguine or spaghetti, slowly stir around the noodles until they start to bend and are submerged in completely
- Boil for 10-11 minutes, or until pasta is al dente
- Add in yogurt and optional add-ins and stir until completely incorporated
- If using gluten free pasta, you may want to add 1/2 cup more liquid, as gluten free pastas tend to expand more
- Nutrition facts reflect the recipe using the optional cooked chicken breast and uses non-fat plain Greek yogurt