This sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi, brussel sprouts and chicken sausage combination is one of my favorites to make for an easy and healthy dinner or meal prep. It is seriously fall in a bowl, full of fall flavors and it is an easy cleanup. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and low carb. Can be made vegan or vegetarian easily with a meat substitute for chicken sausage.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Last year I packed this for lunch more times than I should say. It is the easiest meal to put together and is the easiest cleanup as well. And anyone who knows me, knows I am all for the least amount of dishes and time possible. For this sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi, brussels sprouts and chicken sausage recipe, you’ll be able to throw everything together in a bowl, toss on the baking pan and done! So easy, right?
SO… what will you need to make this sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi, brussels sprouts and chicken sausage?
- Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken Sausage
- Dried Cranberries
- Avocado Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Ground Mustard (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
Do I need to defrost anything ahead of time?
For this recipe, you will need to defrost the chicken sausage if it was frozen. Make sure the chicken sausage (or whichever you are using) is completely defrosted prior to cooking. The cauliflower gnocchi does not have to be defrosted. If you are using the frozen cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s, or any other retailer, use straight from the freezer! However, if you are using fresh brussels sprouts that were frozen, defrost prior to cooking. If the brussels sprouts are pre-steamed, you do not need to defrost. In the picture below you’ll see that I simply mixed the frozen (not defrosted) cauliflower gnocchi right in the bowl with the fresh brussels sprouts!
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Cauliflower Gnocchi: I have only tested this recipe with cauliflower gnocchi and sweet potato gnocchi but I would imagine any kind of gnocchi would work here! I love Trader Joe’s and Wegman’s brand but if you do not live near either, try this one here!
- Chicken Sausage: you can use any kind of sausage, as well as a meat substitute sausage to make with recipe vegan or vegetarian. My favorite brand’s are Trader Joe’s and Applegate
- Avocado Oil: I use avocado oil because of it’s high smoking point. You can also use ghee as it has a high smoking point as well.
- Pecans: you can leave out the pecans if you want to make this recipe nut-free or you can substitute with another nut such as walnuts or almonds. I also used chopped but you can use whole pecans as well.
- Dried Cranberries: I use no sugar added dried cranberries from Trader Joe’s but I am sure you would be able to find another brand that makes no added sugar as well! If you aren’t a fan of dried cranberries, you could use fresh pomegranate seeds or raisins instead.
Need more easy meals? Check these out!
- Autumn Chopped Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Gluten Free Korean Beef Stir Fry
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Ready to make this sheet pan meal?!
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Gnocchi, Brussels Sprouts and Chicken Sausage
- Sheet Pan
- 1 package of cauliflower gnocchi frozen or refrigerated
- 3 cups brussels sprouts halved
- 1 package of chicken sausage (12 oz package)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans whole, halved or chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the brussels sprouts into halves. If some of the brussels sprouts are smaller, leave them whole and if some are bigger, quarter them. Make sure they are all relatively the same size.
- Cut the chicken sausage links into coins
- In a mixing bowl, add in all ingredients except the chicken sausage, pecans and dried cranberries. Mix well.
- For the sheet pan, either spray the pan itself or aluminium foil with avocado oil spray. Or simply place on a parchment paper lined tray or silicone baking sheet. Making one even layer across the pan
- Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, toss the mixture to cook on both sides. Add the sliced chicken sausage, pecans to the pan and add back into the oven for 20 more minutes
- Once done, add dried cranberries, mix and serve!
- to make this recipe vegan or vegetarian, use a meat substitute sausage.
- to make this recipe nut free, remove pecans from recipe