These peanut butter pretzel energy bites are the perfect sweet and salty combination using only 5 ingredients. They are vegan, gluten free and packed with healthy fats, carbs and protein. I used the Fit Joy gluten free pretzels for the absolute best crunch!
This post may contain affiliate links
My newest sweet and salty snack: Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites. These are SO addicting and the perfect energy balls that satisfy both hunger cravings. The mix of creamy peanut butter, crunchy salty pretzels and sweet honey is unmatched. There are so many times where I have a sweet snack and crave a salty snack immediately after and vice versa so this is perfect to satisfy both needs at once!
Fit Joy Gluten Free Pretzels
Fit Joy Gluten Free Pretzels have been my absolute favorite! They pack the best crunch, are not super salty and are the perfect addition to these sweet and salty bites. I love the real ingredients containing cassava flour and chickpea flour to make them grain free as well. I also love to pair the gluten free pretzels with hummus, sandwich them between a banana slice, dip them in chocolate or crush them up as a coating to make pretzel crusted chicken tenders. They come in a variety of flavors like Himalayan Sea Salt, Hatch Chile Lime, Honey Mustard, and White Cheddar. Be sure to scroll down a little to see all the other incredible recipes I have made with these Fit Joy Pretzels!
SO… what will you need to make these peanut butter pretzel energy bites?
- Peanut Butter
- Protein Powder
- Fit Joy Pretzels
How long do energy balls last in the fridge?
These last up to 2 weeks in a sealed container in the fridge. You can freeze them up to 6 months but I would recommend thawing them naturally in the fridge before eating them. I would not recommend microwaving them, as the texture and form may result in melting.
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Peanut butter: You can replace with your favorite nut or seed butter. I would not recommend tahini, as it tends to be too runny.
- Protein powder: Any protein powder flavor will work but if you are using plain, I would recommend adding a splash of vanilla extract. If you want to remove the protein powder all together, replace with oat flour or 2 tbsp more rolled oats.
- Honey: Maple syrup or the liquid sugar of your choice will work.
- Pretzels: Gluten free pretzels work best for that crunch but you can use regular pretzels as well. I would not recommend thick sourdough pretzels.
Need more gluten free pretzel recipes? Check these out!
- Vegan and Gluten Free Savory Snack Mix
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Footballs
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter and Banana Pretzels
- Peppermint Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey sub maple syrup
- 1/4 cup crushed gluten free pretzels
- Whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup and protein powder until smooth
- Add gluten free pretzels to a bag and crush them up into tiny pieces
- Add the crushed gluten free pretzels and oats into the peanut butter mixture. Keep folding until well combined
- Roll into 1 inch sized bites and store in a sealed container. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to harden up and enjoy!
- You can substitute the protein powder for oat flour
- If you are using plain protein powder, I would recommend adding a splash of vanilla extract
- If you are using unsalted pretzels, I would recommend adding a pinch of salt (you can also use regular pretzels but gluten free has a nice crunch)
- You can substitute the peanut butter with the nut or seed butter of your choosing