The most refreshing prosciutto and pomegranate kale salad that is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. This salad can be made in less than 5 minutes and is perfect for any main dish or split amongst a crowd for an incredible side dish! This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and has no added sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Often times in the winter I crave a refreshing and cold salad amongst all of the cozy, warm dishes. Not only is this prosciutto and pomegranate kale salad perfect for those times, but it is incredibly easy to put together so it makes lunches a breeze.
Growing up italian, I was always a huge fan of prosciutto when it was served on antipasto platters. However, it was not until my trip to Spain in 2019 that I ordered a salad with prosciutto and fruit together on a salad that I fell in love. Seriously, I am still thinking of that salad to this day! It is definitely my inspiration for this dish except with a few switches of course. The dish I had in Spain featured banana as the fresh fruit component and I decided to switch it by using pomegranates since they are in season!
SO… what will you need to make this Prosciutto and Pomegranate Kale Salad?
- Fresh Kale
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
Massaging the Kale:
Have you ever heard of massaging kale? It sounds weird but trust me on this! Massaging the kale helps to breakdown the fibers in the kale, which tends to be a little rougher compared to other greens. To do this, add the avocado, olive and lemon to the kale and use your hands to massage the ingredients together. When you use the avocado, olive oil and lemon together as the massaging “cream” for the kale, you will start to notice that the kale will naturally start to wilt down and will begin to release some excess liquid. You will want to do this for only 1-2 minutes and you will start to see this!
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Kale: if you are not the biggest fan of kale, you can use a spring mix but it will be less bulky. There is also no need for massaging the greens in that case but make sure that the greens are coated nicely!
- Sun-dried tomatoes: feel free to use fresh tomatoes if you would prefer!
- Pomegranates: you can either peel a fresh pomegranate yourself or buy the pre-packaged pomegranate seed cups! If you want to add additional fruit, bananas, permissions, cantaloupe or raspberries would work wonderfully.
Is this good for meal prep?
Absolutely! You can double the recipe for 4 servings or split the recipe into 4 servings to add to a lunch or dinner as a side salad. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Need more lunch ideas? Check these out!
- Spicy and Hot Harissa Beef Burger Salad
- Autumn Chopped Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Asian Chicken Cashew Quinoa Salad
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Prosciutto and Pomegranate Kale Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 cups fresh kale
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 8 oz prosciutto
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Start by rinsing the kale and chopping into pieces. Add the kale to a bowl with the avocado, olive oil and lemon juice. Using your hands, massage the ingredients together until the kale starts to soften and breakdown
- Split the prosciutto pieces into thirds and add into the salad along with the pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix well and enjoy!