Sheet pan shrimp fajitas for the win! Add this recipe to your next Taco Tuesday rotation for a flavorful meal in less than 20 minutes and minimal cleanup. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and whole 30 approved.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This meal has to be the most fitting Naturally Being Nat meal out there. Not only would I consider Taco Tuesday to be one of my favorite traditions, but sheet pan shrimp fajitas require the absolute minimal cleanup you could imagine. If anyone knows me well, I am always trying to use the least amount of cooking equipment and try to clean everything while also cooking. Is it my Type A personality? Maybe… but regardless of your preferences, you will be sure to love this recipe!
The key to this recipe is surely the spice. I always tell people that spices are the key to cooking. In this recipe, I used my tried and true fajita spice mix. It is a mix of smoked paprika, garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder and dried oregano.
SO… what will you need to make the sheet pan shrimp fajitas?
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Fajita Spices!
What to pair with the fajitas:
There are so many fun ways to enjoy shrimp fajitas! Lately I have been loving them two ways:
- Easy Weeknight Way: pair with corn tortillas, flour tortillas or Siete cassava tortillas. This way all you have to do is heat up the tortillas and add some avocado, guacamole, salsa, cheese, lettuce, etc. Whichever fixings you prefer! If you need a guacamole recipe to pair with it: check out my easiest homemade guacamole recipe.
- Meal Prep Way: Cook up some rice to pair with the shrimp fajitas to make it a delicious burrito bowl style. And again, pair with your favorite fixings and you are good to go! One of the best and easiest meal preps. Add a lime slice on the side for an extra boost.
My favorite combination:
Shrimp fajitas over a bed of lettuce with cilantro lime rice, avocado, fresh tomatoes and more cilantro!
How do I long does this last stored?
This meal lasts up to one week in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer. Be sure to use freezer safe containers!
Can I make any substitutions or add more ingredients?
- Shrimp: this recipe would work with chicken or beef as well. Increase the amount of time in the oven to 20 minutes for the chicken, 16-18 minutes on the beef.
- Peppers: if you only have one color bell pepper that will work!
Need more dinner ideas? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop this post:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Sheet Pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Cut your peppers and onion into long, thin slices
- Add olive oil, peppers and onion on to a sheet pan
- In a bowl, add shrimp, juice of 1 lime, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and dried oregano. Mix until shrimp is evenly coated with spices
- Add shrimp to the pan and mix together all components
- Make sure the onions, peppers and shrimp are evenly distributed around the sheet pan
- Cook at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and peppers are cooked
- Optional: broil on high for 2 additional minutes for lightly charred shrimp fajitas