What screams summer more than an easy vegan blueberry peach crisp? This delicious and easy dessert uses fresh seasonal fruit paired with a light oat based crisp for a perfect summer dish to serve. This easy vegan blueberry peach crisp hits the spot for your weekend BBQ or when that dessert craving hits mid-week. Serve with a cold scoop of ice cream o even better, use it for a perfect breakfast leftover paired with some yogurt!
This post may contain affiliate links.
What’s better: Fresh or Frozen?
I personally love to use in-season fruit and luckily, these peaches just hit the stores this past week! While I love fresh produce, you could easily use frozen blueberries and peaches to make this stunning dessert. I use frozen fruit quite often, especially if the fruit is not available in stores during certain periods of the year. Another great way to save your seasonal fruit is to buy it when it is in season, then freeze it for use at a later point. I currently still have some frozen blueberries from last season! Lastly, frozen fruit can often be very cost efficient. Depending on the brand and the season, it can be cheaper to buy the frozen vs. the fresh. Even better, fruit and vegetables are often cheaper when they are in season, so it is a great way to save your money (instead of buying them off season).
SO, what do you need to make this easy vegan blueberry peach crisp?
- blueberries and peaches (fresh or frozen)
- cornstarch (can sub arrowroot powder)
- almond flour
- coconut sugar and maple syrup (can sub any granular sugar for the coconut sugar and any liquid sugar for the maple syrup)
- coconut oil (also can sub any liquid or melted oil/butter/ghee)
Check out other recipes that use blueberries:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later:
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Ready to make this delish and light dessert?
Easy Vegan Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 cups of peaches sliced
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, mix together peaches, blueberries and cornstarch (if using frozen fruit, make sure they are thawed out)
- Lightly grease a cast iron skillet with 1 tbsp coconut oil and place the fruit and cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Make the layer as even as possible.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, almond flour, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Once combined, add in the rest of the ingredients
- Gently pour the crisp mixture over the fruit in an even layer
- Bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes, or until a golden brown crisp appears. Serve with ice cream, yogurt or enjoy by the spoonful!