Welcome all to my January favorites post! I am excited to start this monthly round up of my top 10 favorite things from the month. These monthly posts will range from my favorite food, kitchen and lifestyle items to kitchen hacks, tips, podcasts and recipes. Every month expect something different because you never know what is truly going to make a difference that month or something new that I find and absolutely love! So with that said, let’s get into it.
This post may include affiliate links
1. Steamed Lentils: If you scroll down more, you’ll see the recipe that I have been obsessing over that uses these pre-steamed lentils. They are absolute life savers for busy lives, last minute meals or when you simply forget to defrost the chicken. Happens to the best of us right? There are two brands that I have been using: Trader Joe’s and Melissa’s (found at Wegmans). Both are the same so either will work and are just as great. They keep great in the refrigerator for weeks (check your expiration date of course).
2. Simply 7 Snacks: Okay, these chips have the PERFECT crunch, yet are so light. I have been keeping them on hand for whenever I’m in the mood for something crunchy mid-afternoon between lunch and dinner. I have yet to try the flavors (so opinion to be determined) but either buy the quinoa or lentil chips in the sea salt flavor. Both of these are fabulous options and have great ingredient lists.
3. Nuzest Clean Lean Chocolate Protein: If you have been following my Instagram stories lately, you would notice that I have been loving my mocha protein shakes this month. I’m not sure why I started this habit, but I seriously cannot go a day without it at this point! The combination is so creamy and tastes like chocolate milk with a hint of coffee. In a blender, add 2 scoops of the chocolate protein, 10 oz of cold coffee (decaf works as well), and 1 cup of the almond milk listed below. It is the perfect combination after a morning workout or a mid-afternoon pick me up. I also have a discount (naturallybeingnat) if you would like to try out!
4. Orgain Unsweetened Vanilla Protein Almond Milk: Going off of the product above, I have been using this milk for the mocha protein shake. It has a super thick consistency and while I don’t love it in coffee, I think it is perfect to add to any protein shake, smoothie, baked good or even in a bowl of cereal! You get an extra 10g of protein per 1 cup. It is made out of pea protein, just like the Nuzest protein so both are vegan as well.
5. Mora Ceramics Dessert Bowls in Vanilla: These are the cutest small bowls that are perfect for cereal, soups, pasta, dessert, yogurt bowls, oatmeal, you name it! They are such great quality and have a slight speckled pattern. I am obsessed with the modern farmhouse style of these bowls and they will be perfect additions to the new apartment I am moving in to.
Recipe on Repeat
6. Vegan Lentil Bolognese: I would be doing the steamed lentils a disservice if I did not say that this vegan lentil bolognese was the recipe of the month for this January favorites post. Since the start of the year, work has been hectic and I have forgotten to take out chicken more times than I am willing to admit, so this dinner has come in clutch so much. It never disappoints and it is super easy to throw together. I typically add in extra spinach or kale plus either a chickpea spaghetti, brown rice pasta or spaghetti squash!
7. Lounge Set in White: For all my Zoomers and Work-From-Homers, this one is for you. This set is more a long time favorite more than just January. However, this January I have been on more WebEx meetings than usual and have been pairing this white top with a cute cheetah print headband for the best “faux” work attire. I’ve also worn this top with a pair of jeans out to dinner with friends so it is perfect to style as casual or dressed up. I love how it is open at the bottom and slightly cropped since I have a super short waist. I love it with the shorts in warmer weather, high waist leggings and jeans.
8. The INKEY list Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum: This has been a blessing to my dry winter skin. I typically use a hydrating face cream but since pairing these two together, my skin has been incredibly soft, smooth and obviously… HYDRATED. I have very sensitive skin and rarely ever change my skincare routine because I know what works for my skin. More times than not, a product will irritate my skin. But this product is extremely lightweight and has a great ingredient list. I would recommend purchasing this off of their own website or Sephora (linked) but not Amazon.
9. Adidas Ultraboosts: These are the best multi-purpose shoes. I just recently got a pair in white (hence the photo) but have had my other pair for a while now. They are incredibly durable, can be worn for a variety of house chores to HIIT workouts and are very comfortable. Whenever I am not sure what I will be doing, I throw on a pair because I can walk, run, sit, or stand for hours in these and I know my feet will be good. Bonus: I personally think they look great causally with a pair of leggings. They are the perfect shoes for that athleisure look. They are definitely worth the price but you can often find them on sale so always be on the lookout!
10. Warby Parker Durand Glasses: First off, whoever does not need glasses… I am jealous. But for those who do… Warby Parker is incredible, especially given the pandemic. I went online and selected 5 pairs to try on. Then I sent back the 4 that I didn’t want (all for free!). I paid for the frames and got my eye doctor to fill them in with the prescription. So much cheaper than the glasses at the actual eye doctor AND cuter, which is a win-win situation. I also love that they had a bunch of frame options for smaller faces because I have a smaller than normal sized head, so we love that.
I hope you all loved this January Favorites Roundup!
Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products. If you like these kinds of posts or if you want to see anything else reviewed, let me know! And oh… happy February!