These gooey gluten free s’mores blondies were a huge hit in the summer and are still thriving now that it is perfect weather for a chilly fire outside. It is almost like a mix of keeping on to summer but having all the baking vibes that colder weather brings. These are are gooey in the middle with a perfectly crisp edge, melty layer of chocolate and lightly browned marshmallow. If these do not scream “I need ASAP rocky”, I do not know what will!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I personally think I could have a s’mores any time of the year. While setting the scene with a fire roasted marshmallow is a classic summer favorite, I will gladly take s’mores in any form all year round. With this recipe, you get the best of both worlds. And by that, I mean you get the ooey gooey s’mores but also staying inside to stay warm! But of course, if you are making these in the summer, these gooey gluten free s’mores blondies will keep you warm outside when the temperatures drop at night.
SO… what will you need to make these?
- Marshmallows: Mini or regular (cutting it up). You can also use vegan marshmallows such as MyDandies
- Chocolate: Any chocolate will work but I personally love HuKitchen, EnjoyLife and Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate
- Almond flour: I love using almond flour in recipes because as a more dense flour, it adds additional moisture to baking free baking. I would not suggest replacing this 1:1 with any gluten containing flour, oat flour or coconut flour
- Nut butter: Any nut or seed butter will work in this case as long as it is runny. However, some nut or seed butters are more neutral in profile, such as almond butter, and will result in a masked taste. Whereas peanut butter has a strong flavor profile and you may taste the peanut flavor. In this recipe I used Abby’s Better date pecan butter and while the taste did not result in any flavor change in the blondies, it did produce a darker color blondie (since the date pecan butter is very dark in color)
- Softened coconut oil: you can sub softened butter, vegan butter or ghee here
- Coconut sugar: you can use any granular sugar but it could potentially be slightly off. The consistency of coconut sugar is similar to a mix of white and brown sugar.
- Egg or egg whites: I have tested this recipe with both and they both work well. I have not tested with any flax or chia eggs
- Vanilla and baking soda!
Need another recipe to bake?
- Chocolate dipped peanut butter and banana pretzels
- Secret Ingredient Gluten Free Brownies
- White Chocolate Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies
Pin this recipe here!
Shop my favorites: HERE!
Ready to make these gooey gluten free s’mores blondies?
Gooey Gluten Free S’mores Blondies
- 8 x 8 baking dish
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond butter sub any runny nut or seed butter
- 1 tbsp softened coconut oil sub ghee, butter or vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar sub any granular sugar
- 2 egg whites sub 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melted
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Whisk together nut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg whites and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in almond flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add to a 8×8 pan. Pour melted chocolate over batter in an even layer, then top with marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 for 25 min
- Nutrition facts are based off using almond butter and Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels